• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Munich anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munich anyone?

I may have the possibility of getting off the bench and going to Munich for 4 months. Anyone know what the accommodation costs would be there?

Originally posted by Badger View Post
    I may have the possibility of getting off the bench and going to Munich for 4 months. Anyone know what the accommodation costs would be there?
    Ask Chef - I think he's based there?

Comment

Thanks.

Chef, could you give me an idea of living costs there? Thanks.

Comment

as always it depends on what you want and how much your willing to travel. Public transport is excellent in Munich and so you can live reasonably far out of town and commute.

Generally on the whole I'd say your looking at around London prices for furnished rented accomodation, which is what you'd want for 4 months, and competition is quite intense for anywhere that is of a decent size, half decent location and has a kitchen.

Your best bet is to take a look at http://www.mrlodge.de, they are the largest furnished short to medium term rental company I know of in Munich.

You may also want to search http://www.toytowngermany.com for any questions about the city and living etc. or drop me a PM.

My fee for the above information is 1 Paulaner or Augustiner Mass payable shortly after arrival

regards

Chef

as some rough examples, I've had 2 places here in the last 6 months.

The first was 70sqm, had a great country cottage style kitchen, large front room with drinks cabinet (half full courtesey of the ex tenant, but of cr@p like Saki or Jaegermeister), double bed, toilet and seperate bath shower and balcony located 4 km SE / 4 stops / 6 mins by tube from the dead center of town (i.e Marienplatz). 10 seconds walk from the nearest tube entrance. 1100€ p/month.

The latest place is 65sqm, newly refurbished, small balcony, average front room, sky tv, new modern kitchen & bathroom, washer/drier, dishwasher etc. 2 mins walk from the tube. 4 stops / 7mins north of marienplatz located in trendy Schwabing district (i.e lots of nightlife). 1450€ p/month which isn't cheap but the apartment is worth it and I needed it all sorting in 4 days.
        Last edited by chef; 13 July 2009, 10:54.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I spent 5 years in Munich and visit fairly regularly.

Who is the gig with? What area of Munich?

Try homecompany.de for furnished flats and short period letting. Try Immobilienscout24.de for more standard letting.
          You do not see accomadation offered like it is in the UK. There are lots of small agents called Immobilien or makler.

Chef: How did the weekend go? Which bier garden etc?
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            Chef: How did the weekend go? Which bier garden etc?
            went to Tagernsee Spa/Sauna Friday night, fantastic, highly recommended.

saturday morning was St Christopher Street / Pride festival. Interesting to see the highly conservative Lederhausen wearing bavarian traditionalists mixing with pink latex wearing Pride goers in the Viktualianmarkt.

Later we went to the hirschgarten/deer park beer garden on saturday after going to Nymphemberg castle (castle was dissappointing as there were no nymph's in site beer garden was excellent though, they had a fairground there aswell)

sunday we headed over to the jazz beer garden which was nice and relaxing but didn't stay long as Id promised gf chef I'd cook for her and have a quiet evening in.

all in all a great weekend
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Thanks Chef and TLG. A beer each me thinks.

Gig is with one of the Pharma's around there, not sure which yet as it would be through a consultancy.

I'll let you know if this comes off, not sure of the rate yet.

Comment

Working...
              X