• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Council Flats and Stat A Lites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Council Flats and Stat A Lites

Travelling on a train into London Bridge.
    Just past Millwall's stadium is JSA city.
    Dozens of council flats. The whole block was covered with sky dishes.
    Are the poor really poor in this country?
    They smoke, drink, wear Nike trainers, listen to ipods and watch sky all day.

It's a joke.

I think JSA should be equiv. to min. wage and then they can work for the council sweeping the streets, cleaning graffiti, jet spraying footpaths etc.

If you don't turn up you don't get paid.

Originally posted by MrNoMotivation View Post

It's a joke.

I think JSA should be equiv. to min. wage and then they can work for the council sweeping the streets, cleaning graffiti, jet spraying footpaths etc.

The "Nightjack" blog had a piece on this previously (before it was taken down) where he referred to the feral, jobless, feckless as the "evil poor".

Comment

The council unions would never allow this to happen, they would all walk out claiming that their jobs were under threat from a conscripted labour force.

It's actually best what we are doing just now, give them some money and try and keep them away from the productive masses, trying to bring them back into the labour force after 20 years of doing bugger all would be counter productive.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        The council unions would never allow this to happen, they would all walk out claiming that their jobs were under threat from a conscripted labour force.

It's actually best what we are doing just now, give them some money and try and keep them away from the productive masses, trying to bring them back into the labour force after 20 years of doing bugger all would be counter productive.
        What, not machine gunning them or sterilising their kids?

Might be a tad too close to eugenics, I agree.

Comment

I think 2 things:

Benefits should put you just above the poverty line.
          People on minimum wage should not pay income tax.

Not saying it would cure everything, but it would certainly get a few folks off their arse and into a McDonalds uniform.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

It's a joke.

They all make money on the side by selling drugs and raping horses.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
              They all make money on the side by selling drugs and raping horses.
              HTF do you make money raping a horse?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                HTF do you make money raping a horse?
                People will pay to watch anything.

Efficiency and progress is ours once more,
                now that we have the Neutron bomb
                It's nice and quick and clean and gets things done.
                Away with excess enemy.
                But no less value to property.
                No sense in war but perfect sense at home--

The sun beams down on a brand new day
                No more welfare tax t' pay
                Unsightly slums gone up in flashing light.
                Jobless millions whisked away.
                At last we have more room to play.
                All systems go to kill the poor tonight.

Gonna
                Kill kill kill kill kill the poor. kill kill kill Kill kill the poor kill kill kill Kill kill the poor…Tonight
                Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 13 July 2009, 11:13.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Don't they (government) keep saying that's what they want, and get slammed by the general public every time? I'm sure I've heard it, about a year ago... of course what the government say they plan isn't automatically what they mean, and what they mean is often not what they are able to implement...
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Jsa at min wage would be hugely expensive. HTF do you plan to enforce the rules and organise the new workforce - oh yeah, more civil servants. Overall it's a tulipe idea

Comment

Working...
                    X