• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sigh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigh

<RANT> have just been to speak with the senior tester on how to replicate the clients inbound integration messages as their [the client] system is flaky at best and testing of our system needs to be done asap.

Spent ages explaining step by step
    speaking slowly
    asking if he understood as I proceeded.
    He nodded with that glazed over look of "i dont have a clue"
    i asked him to demonstrate back to me what i'd just said
    he couldnt, so i explained in more simple terms
    repeated the demo request, he couldnt

FFS, how dumbed down does it have to be </RANT>

Solution: spend a day writing a click by click idiot guide for them to hand hold them through what is in fact an extremely simple process, ergo 1 days easy billing for Chef

Testers, cant work with them, cant bang their head on the desk..

(no personal offence intended Mich)
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    <RANT> have just been to speak with the senior tester on how to replicate the clients inbound integration messages as their [the client] system is flaky at best and testing of our system needs to be done asap.

speaking slowly

Solution: spend a day writing a click by click idiot guide for them to hand hold them through what is in fact an extremely simple process, ergo 1 days easy billing for Chef

The immediate question that springs to mind is: Why???

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
      The immediate question that springs to mind is: Why???
      Try it and find out.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

How about a brick wall?
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

If you want the test to be really thorough, you'd should bang his head on the desk continuously for 48 hours and then check if there is any deterioration in performance.

Comment

speaking slowly

If he's a 'Senior Tester' he should know that the best way to understand an explanation is to sit down with you at the computer and work through the problem while you tell him the steps he has to take. At each step he can then demonstrate he's understood what you're saying and write down notes for himself.

Not exactly rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              If he's a 'Senior Tester' he should know that the best way to understand an explanation is to sit down with you at the computer and work through the problem while you tell him the steps he has to take. At each step he can then demonstrate he's understood what you're saying and write down notes for himself.

Not exactly rocket science.
              I suggested that, all I got in reply was "no no it's fine, go ahead and show me"

even after attempt 3 he still refused to make a note, I get the feeling he's either thick as pigsh!t or for some unknown reason just being difficult. Simple solution was to give up on the 1-1 demo and respond to the PM's request for the demo to be given to him with an email along the following lines..

"I attempted to explain it to him several times in increasingly more simple terms and <idiot tester> was unable to grasp the concept. It seems that the best solution would be to write a simple click by click walkthrough guide which <idiot tester> can then distribute to his team. This will take me 1 working day to produce. Chef"

Job done.

Comment

I suggested that, all I got in reply was "no no it's fine, go ahead and show me"

even after attempt 3 he still refused to make a note, I get the feeling he's either thick as pigsh!t or for some unknown reason just being difficult. Simple solution was to give up on the 1-1 demo and respond to the PM's request for the demo to be given to him with an email along the following lines..

"I attempted to explain it to him several times in increasingly more simple terms and <idiot tester> was unable to grasp the concept. It seems that the best solution would be to write a simple click by click walkthrough guide which <idiot tester> can then distribute to his team. This will take me 1 working day to produce. Chef"

Job done.
                Is <idiot tester> a permie? Or is he contractor deliberately playing for time?

Comment

permie and from what others have said around here a lazy f##ker at that.

Comment

Working...
                  X