• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is there no Darwinism of terminally stupid agents?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does it happen that I get emails to the address that is on my CV and nowhere else, from agents who have clearly not read my CV, and who describe a role and suggest that I should apply for it if I have the required skills?

What is the F point in making a CV then?

I am on the bench so I have some spare time. I am going to reply to all of these junk mails applying for the role. By the time they find out that they would have been better to have read my CV, it will have cost them some time. Grrr

I receive loads of these also that are totally irrelevant. I reply with a blank email and a copy of my CV. The scary thing is that the agent sometimes puts me forward for the role.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      How does it happen that I get emails to the address that is on my CV and nowhere else, from agents who have clearly not read my CV
      Because they sent that email to every entry in their database. All 127,000 of them.

But knowing that doesn't help at all, does it?
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Because stupidity is not one of the criteria that reduces their chances of survival. In fact, I suspect the ability to carry out repetitive work for months on end, and deal with desperate members of the public without any risk of feeling any empathy, are useful survival techniques.

I would think intelligent people would, on the whole, not find it easy to cope with being in recruitment. Hey, just look at the thick bimbos in HR!

Intelligent and evil - that would probably survive and thrive. Intelligent and normal? Nah. Wouldn't cope.

So, Darwinism may well apply to stupid agents - not in a terminal manner but by helping them survive.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I use a mailbomber to reply to all those fcking areshole agents that I've already told dozens of times that I'm not available.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by s2budd View Post
            I receive loads of these also that are totally irrelevant. I reply with a blank email and a copy of my CV. The scary thing is that the agent sometimes puts me forward for the role.
            Would it be scary if you got an interview?
            This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

How does it happen that I get emails to the address that is on my CV and nowhere else, from agents who have clearly not read my CV, and who describe a role and suggest that I should apply for it if I have the required skills?

What is the F point in making a CV then?

I am on the bench so I have some spare time. I am going to reply to all of these junk mails applying for the role. By the time they find out that they would have been better to have read my CV, it will have cost them some time. Grrr
              There is probably no actual person involved in the process you describe. Most agents have systems that mail these things out automatically on matching a few keywords input into the system. Its only the next stage that could result in contact with someone on an Agencies staff if you are unfortunate enough to be a close match.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
                There is probably no actual person involved in the process you describe. Most agents have systems that mail these things out automatically on matching a few keywords input into the system. Its only the next stage that could result in contact with someone on an Agencies staff if you are unfortunate enough to be a close match.

PZZ
                So they're like silent phone calls: such a selfish insult to one's person as to merit a good slap, knee in nuts, or ideally hanging.

Comment

You'd think, somewhere out there, maybe, just maybe, one of these companies would cotton on, change its business model, do 'proper' targetting and makes loadsa dosh.

Sheeitt ! A pig just flew past the window ! Really, it did !

Comment

Originally posted by rabiddog View Post
                    You'd think, somewhere out there, maybe, just maybe, one of these companies would cotton on, change its business model, do 'proper' targetting and makes loadsa dosh.

Sheeitt ! A pig just flew past the window ! Really, it did !
                    This is what the Indian companies who believe that they can cut out the agent are doing. Actually doing some research first and making sure they hit their target.

PZZ

Comment

Working...
                    X