• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Milan - Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milan - Question

Milan

the stock market has been recovering nicely the last few days - should I stay put or exit because of this bird flu scare?

Let me know what you think.

Optimist or pesimist?

Thanks

Ancient.

If your bird got a flue then leave her alone for a few weeks to see if she survives -- if she does badly it may make sense to promptly insure her life.

Milan.

Comment

If any bird of mine had a flue, I'd want my money back. There's no way I want to be dealing with a leakage of hot air at a crucial moment.

Comment

ancient,

I don't touch shares thanks, lost too much in the past, no good at trading and in terms of investing cannot stand buying shares in a company and praying that the management will do what they promise and then waiting every six months for company news/results only to find that their grand plans are not coming to fruition and the share price being hit accordingly as analysts expectations are not met

however, I have not discounted the potential in the not too distant future (less than 5 years) of buying a not doing so well plc, changing the business model to my plan b,issuing some paper, marketing the offer,and voila, rich to the power of x, mf has the same ideas but I don't think retail and institutional investors will have much interest in tat shops

Milan.

Comment

There was a chap who used to do that quite regular. Don't know if he still does. Remember one where he bought something like an engineering co. and turned it into a franchise pizza chain which eventually got bought by another fast food outlet. Made loads of wonga and really upset some liebor mps, which must be a good thing (TM).
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X