• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whitstable seagull kidnaps cat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitstable seagull kidnaps cat

Seagull flies off with cat in beak shocker

Check the comments - featured on R4 in the week.
    Nothing like 'local' news.

"My husband Barry would have gone mad. He'd shoot me before he'd shoot the cats."

On a serious note I think I might let Whitstable borrow my cat for a few days : thast will sort the f**ker out.

Comment

If any of the beggars comes near my cats they're toast. (not that the mogs need any help)
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        "My husband Barry would have gone mad. He'd shoot me before he'd shoot the cats."
        Daft strategy. The sound of the first shot would send the cats darting off in opposite directions and you'd have no chance. Best to take out the cats first with one barrel each, then go for the wife.

Comment

Must have either been a damn small cat or a bloody big seagull.

On reading the actual story, however, we find that the seagull only managed to lift the cat by four feet before it had to let go. Hardly kidnapping it.

I think probably the seagull mistook the cat for a rabbit or some other smaller, and lighter, and less-endowed with claws, creature.

Seagulls are a bloody menace. Vermin.

Seen one snatch half a crab sandwich out of Mrs. Bogey's hand a few summers ago while we were lunching al-fresco at Mousehole.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

The birds are getting their own back at last !!

Comment

The readers comments on this article are hugely amusing.

I don't believe this story, it's got to be made up! Where is the level of excellent investigative journalism we expect from this fine organ of Whitstable?

Virgilio Anderson
              I once saw a seagull that was the size of a bus and it was flying round and round my head, singing "I'm Walking in the Air" in the style of Aled Jones.

Eventually the seagull turned into a giant vampire that chased me into a deserted warehouse and I turned into Bodie from 'The Professionals' and jumped into my Ford Capri and ran it over then drove off, pouting toughly.*

*There's a chance this may have been a dream, I get confused sometimes.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

This web page feautured on The News Quiz recently; in particular the comments regarding Allen keys.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                X