• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vodafone Duped me ! advice needed.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vodafone Duped me ! advice needed.

I went for a windows mobile phone on the Vodafone Business tarrif, I went through a Vodafone High Street shop (which deals with business users), on my business headed paper AND THE VODAFONE SIGNED / DATED AGREEMENT they included in writting a 5GB internet usuage tarrif for an extra £20 / month. Just today I called up the Vodafone business tarrif people and they told me that
    this service was a) not available on this line of business phone and b) it was certainly not active on my phone. This meant that I still only had the 500MB / month limit instead of the 5 GIG monthly limit on this new phone.

Had I not discovered this early enough they would have just charged me 50p / minute per 1MB !!!! if I had gone over the 500MB limit, (so I've stopped using the internet on the phone).

I would have never gone with Vodafone had I known that the 5Gig data limit was not available.

Now I have the agreement in writing, I've called up the Business Tarrif people and they just say 'go back to the shop and complain', I've contacted the
    Vodafone Newbury Director of Complaints office and they just stated 'go talk to Vodafone business'.

What should I do now ? It will be only 9 days since the purchase of the phone and I want to keep my number. Should I go back to the Vodafone shop and demand a contract termination ? am I within my rights ? or should I write to the Ombudsman right away ?

Not only did they not connect me with the 5 Gig data limit, they failed to register me for insurance (!) given that its AGAIN, WRITTEN ON THE SIGNED AND DATED VODAFONE AGREEMENT AND THE RECEIPT !!!!

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    I went for a windows mobile phone on the Vodafone Business tarrif, I went through a Vodafone High Street shop (which deals with business users), on my business headed paper AND THE VODAFONE SIGNED / DATED AGREEMENT they included in writting a 5GB internet usuage tarrif for an extra £20 / month. Just today I called up the Vodafone business tarrif people and they told me that
    this service was a) not available on this line of business phone and b) it was certainly not active on my phone. This meant that I still only had the 500MB / month limit instead of the 5 GIG monthly limit on this new phone.

Had I not discovered this early enough they would have just charged me 50p / minute per 1MB !!!! if I had gone over the 500MB limit, (so I've stopped using the internet on the phone).

I would have never gone with Vodafone had I known that the 5Gig data limit was not available.

Now I have the agreement in writing, I've called up the Business Tarrif people and they just say 'go back to the shop and complain', I've contacted the
    Vodafone Newbury Director of Complaints office and they just stated 'go talk to Vodafone business'.

What should I do now ? It will be only 9 days since the purchase of the phone and I want to keep my number. Should I go back to the Vodafone shop and demand a contract termination ? am I within my rights ? or should I write to the Ombudsman right away ?

Not only did they not connect me with the 5 Gig data limit, they failed to register me for insurance (!) given that its AGAIN, WRITTEN ON THE SIGNED AND DATED VODAFONE AGREEMENT AND THE RECEIPT !!!!
    Do you not have 14 days to return anything that includes a rental or other financial agreement?? Not sure if this applies to business or just personal purchases.

PZZ

Comment

Go back to the shop!

Oh and in case you misread the above, go back to the shop!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Go back to the shop!

shop taking your phone with you and explain to the oik that serves you that unless they comply with the contract you are ramming in his face you will return the phone forcibly via an orifice that he might not reeasonably be expecting!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Go back to the shop!

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
          shop taking your phone with you and explain to the oik that serves you that unless they comply with the contract you are ramming in his face you will return the phone forcibly via an orifice that he might not reeasonably be expecting!
          Yeah, that's what I meant.

Comment

So before 14 days if I demand to cancel the contract and they say 'no' - what then ?

Comment

So before 14 days if I demand to cancel the contract and they say 'no' - what then ?
              Why don't you just go back to the shop?

Comment

If I were you, Id go back to the shop and start from there.

PZZ

Comment

Switch to Orange.

Comment

Tell them why you are unhappy. Tell them what they are going to do to fix it. If they don't fix it, tell them you will be taking legal action.

Take a tape recorder and put it on the counter whilst you are talking to them...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X