• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

50% off everything at Borders, Oxford Street, London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50% off everything at Borders, Oxford Street, London

..because they're closing the shop.
    Plenty cheapness!

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Plenty cheapness!
    WTF? When?

*thinks* must go to Borders

Comment

Plenty cheapness!
      Incredible, closing their flagship shop. Sign of the times??

(Note to self: make sure we dont have any shares in this outfit).

PZZ

Comment

They are maybe thinking that having the brand presence was all very nice, but now they'd rather have the money.

Judging by the rate it was emptying this lunchtime you ought to get there before the weekend. For a while the queue was one of those snake-all-around-the-shop do's with a full phalanx of the red checkout people scanning like the clappers.

Comment

They are maybe thinking that having the brand presence was all very nice, but now they'd rather have the money.

Judging by the rate it was emptying this lunchtime you ought to get there before the weekend. For a while the queue was one of those snake-all-around-the-shop do's with a full phalanx of the red checkout people scanning like the clappers.
          Sweet. I'll nip along there tonight on the way home.

Comment

Borders in Swindon is closing down too.

Comment

I remember Oxford Street in the early 1990s. Full of places obviously on a short term lease (i.e. weeks rather than years) selling bankrupt stock.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

A handy news article: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...s-1744388.html

My thoughts are why sell out at the bottom of the market unless you are forced to by credit/cash flow issues??

PZZ
                Last edited by pzz76077; 14 July 2009, 14:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                  Sweet. I'll nip along there tonight on the way home.
                  I might do the same. The Oxford Street branch closes at 8pm.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I went yesterday.....worth it.

Still loads of stock left, except SF stuff....thats all gone.

Only problem was the queue....which was about 50 mins when I joined it about 7pm.

Comment

Working...
                    X