• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rip Ci$

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip Ci$

Pardon me if we've all done this already.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07...t_down_by_aol/

CompuServe, the first commercially successful online and email provider in America, has been shut down by AOL after 30 years of service.

The original CompuServe — later renamed CompuServe Classic — was laid to rest July 1, 2009.

Yikes. My first online account was with Compu$erve.

The trick to keep bills down was to get an offline reader.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      Same here, then I jumped ship to Demon.

It's important to note that CompuServe users will be able to convert their ridiculous classic 9 and 10-digit email addresses to the CompuServe 2000 service in order to retain their well-earned sense of superiority over youngster internet users everywhere. Nothing says stay off my lawn like [email protected]
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

The trick to keep bills down was to get an offline reader.
        John C Dvorak's NavCIS.

Comment

Working...
        X