• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do people here spend on having a holiday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do people here spend on having a holiday?

What's your usual total cost, travel, accommodation and all food, ie. total?

I'd do a poll but can't be arsed.

Are we a collection of bargain hunters in caravans or 5 star spa-hotels and villas in far flung places rubbing shoulders with Hollywoods finest?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What's your usual total cost, travel, accommodation and all food, ie. total?

I'd do a poll but can't be arsed.

Are we a collection of bargain hunters in caravans or 5 star spa-hotels and villas in far flung places rubbing shoulders with Hollywoods finest?
    Why the obsession with how much money people have?

Comment

Typical 4 week adventure type holiday, two people £5,000

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Depends.

If it's just me going away, I'll jump on a plane with my gear and get off to get the train to eventual location - all in, figure <£1000 / week.

If it were me going with the ex-Mrs M, spent >£5000 for a week in the Maldives.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          He's going to use his millions to open a holiday park in Swindon called "WiltshireWorld"

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            He's going to use his millions to open a holiday park in Swindon called "WiltshireWorld"
            Should go down a storm!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Not really. Why the obessession with everything I post?

Anzer zee question.

Comment

About £3k for the pair of us for a couple of weeks.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Not really. Why the obessession with everything I post?

Anzer zee question.
                  It's not an obsession, you post such tulipe that it just demands a retort.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                    Depends.

If it's just me going away, I'll jump on a plane with my gear and get off to get the train to eventual location - all in, figure <£1000 / week.

If it were me going with the ex-Mrs M, spent >£5000 for a week in the Maldives.
                    Holy F tulip.... I'd want 3 holidays for that!

I like to bargain hunt... I like to know I'm getting a little luxury at the best price Plus more left over for shopping, especially in Thailand!!
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X