• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Double Standards?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Standards?

So, a civil servant gets sacked for e-mailing an MP and calling her a thief and a liar. Bringing the department into disrepute, etc.

Then this chap blogs on the internet about killing British troops, supporting Hamas and supporting the idea that Jewish children are legitimate targets. Makes it quite clear he's a civil servant. Bringing the department into disrepute you might say? Well no, apparently not because he's back at work now.

Hmm, I wonder, why the double standards?

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Hmm, I wonder, why the double standards?

Why don't you just come out and refer to this bit?
    .... president of the Civil Service Islamic Society ....
    You know you want to.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      Why don't you just come out and refer to this bit?

You know you want to.
      Could be one of a number of reasons, maybe it's one of these:
      1. He is a trustee of the East London Mosque & London Muslim Centre
      2. He chairs the Muslim Council of Britain’s membership committee
      3. Azad Ali is a National Council Member of Liberty
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

She used company equipment, he did not.

Comment

The bit I hate is that he made the comments and got suspended for 6 months.. on full pay. As for company equipment I agree that it is a big distinction, but then why was he suspended?

Probably being daft, but after making comments like that wouldn't he find it a bit difficult to keep his security clearance? I assume they require that for looking after the money, although they did let Gordon get his hands on it

I don't see why his religious groups should come into (although I'm sure many a prejudiced by it). Its his views and opinions that don't fit in, also would it be any different if he was working in the MOD?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            That's the one. Using civil service resources for political purposes. Always keep the small rules.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              WHS - But I suppose this doesn't support the OP conspiracy theory.

Originally posted by DSW View Post
              The bit I hate is that he made the comments and got suspended for 6 months.. on full pay. As for company equipment I agree that it is a big distinction, but then why was he suspended?
              Probably so thy could check what he did against all relevant procedures, guidelines etc.
              As it is the public sector, a task which could have been completed in a few weeks took 6 months.

Comment

Was she actually sacked for that though?

When that story originally broke they said she posted it on theyworkforyou.com, however it turned out no such thing happened. Will find a link.

Comment

No double standards at all. Normal PC standards prevail.

Comment

Aaah, here we go, the story has moved on a bit since I originally read up on it:

So first the reports were that she had been sacked for posting on theyworkforyou, citing concerns personal info being handed over, they refuted it, and then the owner found out the truth.

So in case you were wondering, it looks like she was sacked for sending Hazel Blears a snotty email from her WORK EMAIL ADDRESS.

Silly bitch.

Comment

Working...
                    X