• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google

Google

Has anyone worked for them?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Google

No. But if you haven't attended one of their secretly selected Universities... then you won't be shortlisted.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

They are a client of mine, but I've never been employed by them.

Comment

No, but I've dealt with them. They were insanely paranoid, with NDAs for everyone. My client was a very big (potential) account for Google, massive in fact, yet every step Google had an "our way or the highway" attitude.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

No but I know people who do, and spoke to a few of their recruiters at various Linux conferences

Insane selection process so I hear, and as others have said its death-by-NDA, great fun to work for once you are in though
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Google

I know someone that does. But not well enough to find out the information I suspect you are after

Comment

Google

No, but their algorithm's a work of genius and I'm surprised that they didn't win the Fields Medal for it.

Comment

I thought NickFitz had?

Comment

I worked with someone who said they had attended been called to interview with Google.

They were shown to a waiting room. In there was a big table of that Lego with batteries and motors. There was a bunch of other such 'toys'.

He sat there quietly for 20 minutes waiting to be called. The someone came in and said "Thank you, you can go, you failed."

You are supposed to "show curiosity" by playing with the toys, apparently.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    I worked with someone who said they had attended been called to interview with Google.

They were shown to a waiting room. In there was a big table of that Lego with batteries and motors. There was a bunch of other such 'toys'.

He sat there quietly for 20 minutes waiting to be called. The someone came in and said "Thank you, you can go, you failed."

You are supposed to "show curiosity" by playing with the toys, apparently.
                    I don't believe that!

Comment

Working...
                    X