• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interest Rates Up or Down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest Rates Up or Down

Learned Posters,

What do you think, are we in for high interest rates (above 10%) medium (say between 5% - 10%) or low.

And if interest rates are to rise, over what period?
    High (over 10%)
    0.00%
    Medium (5%-10%)
    25.93%
    Low (less than 5%)
    62.96%
    AndyW
    11.11%
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

poll?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Low, possibly at the lowest end of your medium range, for some considerable time with no attempt to combat the high inflation that prior lax monetary policies have caused in a attempt to erase the huge level of debt.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        poll?

Yes Chef!
        Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Return to the top end of your low.

May even earn interest on bank balances again!

Comment

hyper-inflation will be left to wipe out all the trillions printed and in personal/government debts.

Interest rates will be left low to encourage hyper-inflation and recreate the debt bubble.

Shame about savings and pensions, etc.

Comment

Interest rates will remain low because we will still be coming out of a recession, taxes will be rising, public services will be cut, 4 million will be unemployed and up to a million will be dead due to swineflu.

Comment

I don't think interest rates can remain at virtually zero forever .... my guess in that 2010 is going to be another painful year.
                I'm hoping that encourages McBroon towards a November election.
                The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Poor Andyw option.
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I predict that it could be up or could be down

Comment

Working...
                    X