• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Garmin satnav – any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin satnav – any good?

My Tomtom 520 has died, will not re-charge. Repair firm want £70 for fixing.

I can get a Garmin for around £54 through work.

Only ever had Tomtom, but considering they are £110 for base model, half the price has to be worth looking into (bear in mind I am a permie these days thanks to the recession)…..

Anyone got / have / had and chucked out of window / waxes lyrical and sleeps with their Garmin?

Love them. I have the street pilot 3 when noone know what a GPS was years back, and now have the newer compact Garmin.

Top bit of kit from the pioneers and leaders of GPS.

I cant fault it or them

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
      Love them. I have the street pilot 3 when noone know what a GPS was years back, and now have the newer compact Garmin.

Top bit of kit from the pioneers and leaders of GPS.

I cant fault it or them
      Perfect - for £54 will give it a punt tonight

Comment

I've got a Nuvi 255 - works just fine. Far better than the one builtin to my car.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I've only ever used Garmin GPS at sea, but they certainly used to be THE name in that field.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

On TV they keep punting the latest versions which will show you where carparks are or traffic jams and give you alternative routes. They keep on parping about how this the first GPS system(s) to do this yet the one in my car has been able to do that for over a year
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

<northern>

Pah! SatNav? All you need is a map and a brain lad

</northern>

Actually, FWIW, my mum didn't like the TomTom interface so got a Nuvi something or other...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                Perfect - for £54 will give it a punt tonight
                You should spend the money on some new polyester ties instead. It's good to have a nice selection.
                Last edited by DiscoStu; 15 July 2009, 13:44.
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Check out the Navigon as well - I jsut got one last week to replcae my TomTom 1. For the money its feature packed. The 2310 comes with traffic rerouting and full european maps. Haven't quite worked out how to use it yet. Goddam technology!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    Only ever had Tomtom, but considering they are £110 for base model, half the price has to be worth looking into (bear in mind I am a permie these days thanks to the recession)…..
                    I had bought my basic tom tom 'one classic' a couple of months ago for £90 at Comet.

Comment

Working...
                    X