• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flintoff: Great All-Rounder or was it mostly hype?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flintoff: Great All-Rounder or was it mostly hype?

With just the Ashes series left for Freddie, before closing the door on his test career, Will he be remembered at test level as a truly great all-rounder.

I've been lucky enough to have seen Kapil Dev, Botham and Kallis in their playing prime. Each could turn a game and have the figures to back this up.

But is Freddie really just a genuinely good bowler who can bat?

Discuss?
    “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

He was really good, but not for long.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Do not feed the Troll!!
      Do not feed the Troll!!
      Do not feed the Troll!!
      Do not feed the Troll!!
      Do not feed the Troll!!
      Do not feed the Troll!!

Comment

why not feed the troll he looks thin and hungry

Freddie had some good games, was a good bowler can swing a bat a bit but as for being a great all rounder no

he did not have it upstairs

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          why not feed the troll he looks thin and hungry

Freddie had some good games, was a good bowler can swing a bat a bit but as for being a great all rounder no

he did not have it upstairs
          According to Frances Edmonds "Ian Botham is in no way inhibited by a capacity to over-intellectualise" so maybe it helps to be a thicky

Comment

If he keeps up his drinking habits he will continue to be a great all-rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              If he keeps up his drinking habits he will continue to be a great all-rounder.
              That a feeble attempt at a joke?
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Incredibly over rated cricketer. Had a great series in 2005 and that's about it. Swann would have to be rated a better all rounder at the moment. Not as intimidating as Freddie but the man can bat!

Comment

One good series, but a pretty average all rounder i'd say. His performance in the first Ashes test was pathetic. Typical of him though. He's a better one day player I think..and I think he knows it now too.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                  X