• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of Emergency!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State of Emergency!

If Swine Flu were really to kick off in a serious way, we're talking hundreds of deaths daily, could the government introduce a state of emergency and avoid an election?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If Swine Flu were really to kick off in a serious way, we're talking hundreds of deaths daily, could the government introduce a state of emergency and avoid an election?
    Yes. That's why they are playing it up, probably.

Some dork on R4 Today was saying 2% mortality in GP-reported cases. I couldn't quite believe that, but he said it at least twice. I was half-asleep though so could have got it wrong.
    Last edited by bogeyman; 15 July 2009, 16:43.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Some dork on R4 Today was saying 2% mortality in GP-reported cases.
      CyberMan was on R4?!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

CyberMan was on R4?!
        Yes. He's everywhere.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I expect they would want to bum middle class computer programmers first. Jebus, what newspapers are you reading?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Where are you getting the figure of hundreds of deaths a day? Latest projected figures are for 100,000 infections a day and if fatality rates remain consistent (1 in every 2500) that doesn't quite add up to hundreds.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Yes. That's why they are playing it up, probably.

Some dork on R4 Today was saying 2% mortality in GP-reported cases. I couldn't quite believe that, but he said it at least twice. I was half-asleep though so could have got it wrong.
              He did get it wrong.

Medical researchers are complaining that the crap way announcements are being handled ("Don't go to the GP or A&E, in fact - don't bother us unless you're dying - or maybe not even then, it's contagious you know") and that people aren't being told to log their illness with the NHS, mean that researchers have no reliable data to analyse.

Muppets...

'Better data needed' on Swine Flu
              Last edited by cojak; 15 July 2009, 19:59.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

http://www.blisshouse.com/images/Bri..._Your_Dead.jpg
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                  Where are you getting the figure of hundreds of deaths a day? Latest projected figures are for 100,000 infections a day and if fatality rates remain consistent (1 in every 2500) that doesn't quite add up to hundreds.

As I've said on another thread earlier this week, the death rate in Argentina is almost 2%, so at that rate I would not rule out up to 1 million deaths in the UK. A vaccine will not be ready for months, and with the football season starting next month the spread will surely escalate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    As I've said on another thread earlier this week, the death rate in Argentina is almost 2%, so at that rate I would not rule out up to 1 million deaths in the UK. A vaccine will not be ready for months, and with the football season starting next month the spread will surely escalate.
                    2% of what exactly?

BTW So all those footy fans fall into the same catagory as the dirty immigrants?
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X