• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how to find out a client's PSL?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to find out a client's PSL?

Hi, I know a company that is probably hiring, but they won't deal with me, the contractor, directly. How do I find out what their PSL is so I can go through the best channel?
    Der going over der to get der der's.

Phone up their receptionist and ask to speak to someone regarding procurement.

Comment

Give me the details and I'll find out for you
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
        Hi, I know a company that is probably hiring, but they won't deal with me, the contractor, directly. How do I find out what their PSL is so I can go through the best channel?
        I'd call their HR and outright ask which agencies you should approach if interested in contract work for them.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          I'd call their HR and outright ask which agencies you should approach if interested in contract work for them.
          Originally posted by thunderlizard
          Phone up their receptionist and ask to speak to someone regarding procurement.
          Which is it then, HR or procurement?

Comment

Which is it then, HR or procurement?
            Try both - one doesn't know the other exists...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Try both - one doesn't know the other exists...
              LOL! oh so true...
              I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                But does that actually work? In my experience HR people are very anti-contractor and the best way to cope with them is avoid coming to their attention in the first place.

Comment

But does that actually work? In my experience HR people are very anti-contractor and the best way to cope with them is avoid coming to their attention in the first place.
                  Don't say anything aout being a contractor to HR, just ask them which agencies you should approach when looking for work at the company.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Don't say anything aout being a contractor to HR, just ask them which agencies you should approach when looking for work at the company.
                    Thanks, but then they'll say, "Just send us your CV directly" and it will go into the void.

Comment

Working...
                    X