• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ReGeneration scheme for Swindon scrapped.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ReGeneration scheme for Swindon scrapped.

Developers Modus go into administration.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/8149781.stm

Looking grim all around...
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

It's just a shame that they can't scrap the Olympics also.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      Developers Modus go into administration.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/8149781.stm

Looking grim all around...
      "We have to make Swindon a place that people want to come to by choice, and if we don't do that the whole town's economy will suffer, it's already been suffering."
      They should have realised that donkeys years ago.

P.S. to the grammar experts: Should there be an apostrophe in "donkeys" there?
      Last edited by Sysman; 15 July 2009, 21:15.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        They should have realised that donkeys years ago.

P.S. to the grammar experts: Should there be an apostrophe in "donkeys" there?
        Yes.

It refers to a period of time equivalent to how long donkeys live. So it is not in reference to one donkey.

Had it been a specific donkey it would be donkey's years.

But as it applies to donkeys in general it is donkeys' years.

(For some reason I want to spell it donkies' years.)
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Still no plans to use Swindon for nuclear weapons testing then?

Shame....
          'elf and safety guru

Comment

It's ok, I'm sure The Millionaire DimPrawn™ can step in and fund it himself.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I noticed that Whitehill / Bordon have been classified ecotowns.

Has anyone else been to Bordon? As we used to say about Dornoch, "it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there".

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                I noticed that Whitehill / Bordon have been classified ecotowns.

Has anyone else been to Bordon?
                Bordon? Where the squaddies live? Near Aldershot?

I was last there circa 1985 for the wedding of a school friend.

Stay at home in the tulip hole that is Bordon or go to a war zone to be shot at? War zone, every time.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I read the title and thought it was a thread about the new nuclear disarmament talks.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                    Still no plans to use Swindon for nuclear weapons testing then?

Shame....
                    I work in the god damned place and the evidence on the population here suggests there has been nuclear testing of some sorts in the past - its the ugly bug ball but without the ball

Comment

Working...
                    X