• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Call Forwarding Abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call Forwarding Abroad

Morning all,

I am thinking of of travelling abroad for a couple of weeks and want to receive my contract related calls. I can use roaming but that turned out to be an expensive option the last time I used it (£1.25 per minute).

Are there any other method I can use eg an 0870 number I can give to the agencies that will forward my calls to a local number in the States ?

Skypein/Skypeout?

Comment

You could signup for a VoIP Talk account https://www.voiptalk.org/
      Choose a local number, then logon and goto https://www.voiptalk.org/products/manage-incoming.php
      Change to "divert number" and enter the landline/mobile number in the US in full international format. This will then forward UK calls to US at whatever insignificant amount

Neil

Comment

Get a vonage box, fixed monthly fee, you choose your number (any UK dialling code & no.), and you can get a tiny travel version that PNP's globally. Check out vonage.co.uk, if you are referred they waive first three months fixed fee. pm for further details, (UK/US/UK) are free calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
          Morning all,

I am thinking of of travelling abroad for a couple of weeks and want to receive my contract related calls. I can use roaming but that turned out to be an expensive option the last time I used it (£1.25 per minute).

Are there any other method I can use eg an 0870 number I can give to the agencies that will forward my calls to a local number in the States ?
          Have a lot of companies not said that this year roaming charges are way less?

Phone your provider first and find out for sure.

Comment

Tried Vodafone

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            Have a lot of companies not said that this year roaming charges are way less?

Phone your provider first and find out for sure.
            Unfortunately Vodafone summer roaming offer doesn't include the States - its mainly European countries.

Comment

Buy a local prepaid sim (business expense) and check in your voicemail once a day? Get an international dialing card to bring cost down.

That's what I've done in the past when I've been in the US or Aus in that situation.
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
              X