• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the Bench? - Training Support

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Bench? - Training Support

If you are on the bench the following sources may help secure funds for training.

1. Real Help Now
    Find out about the Government’s Real Help Now agenda, which outlines what Government help is available and about its plans to get Britain through the recession.

2. In Our Hands
    If you're already on the bench, or facing it, the Learning and Skills Council website offers impartial advice on training that is available.

3. Train to Gain
    Train to Gain is a joint investment between UK employers and the Government, aimed at improving the skills of employees.

4. Business Link
    The free local business support service, Business Link, has a Grants and Support Directory available for those looking to help fund many aspects of running a business, including training.

5. Directory of Social Change
    See details of 3,500+ trusts with over £362 million available each year for individuals in need. Recommend looking at Grants for Individuals or Grants for the public and voluntary sectors.

6. Career Development Loans
    CDLs have been re-named Professional and Career Development Loans to broaden their appeal to learners seeking to enhance their skills for work, retrain or start a career in an emerging industry or profession.

Thank you, matey boy.

My local Job Centre aren't bad but knew nothing about most of the above.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

At last, a dead thread worth resurrecting

Comment

Working...
      X