• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stunned... (bench related content)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunned... (bench related content)

Just been offered a role very close to home on my best rate since 2001

And I'm already in a gig with a short-term extension being waved at me (away from home on a tulip rate).

Ok, ok, this is obviously a dream - I'm going to wake up in a bad mood now aren't I?

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    Just been offered a role very close to home on my best rate since 2001

And I'm already in a gig with a short-term extension being waved at me (away from home on a tulip rate).

Ok, ok, this is obviously a dream - I'm going to wake up in a bad mood now aren't I?
    The closer you are to home, the more time you will have to spend with your loved ones. Is that what you want? Is it? Is it punk?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Well yes actually!

Comment

Well done chap!

Please celebrate by removing that picture of Threaded from your avatar.

Seriously though, well done!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
          Well yes actually!
          Don't believe ya.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Thanks, Bogey (will research a more fitting avatar).

One thing about this recession thingy is that it sharpens the mind. I've never been so proactive in looking for work and every knock-back (and there have been a few) has just strengthened the old resolve.

So to anyone else out there - keep at it and don't give up hope because all the banks are going for Bob Shawadiwadi and his mates - if you can get any work in these times then the good times should be sweet.

Comment

grats

Come news is good news, in some cases.

On the avatar thing, do I have to be worth listening to before I get to have an avatar? I have a lovely little pic all ready to go but nowhere to put it, UserCP has nada in the edit pages and I can't even view my own profile

(foggo, you do not have permission to access this page)

Hell, perhaps I'm not even here! I'm guessing I still have training wheels on and need to contribute valuable football/parasite related comments to prove my worth...

Comment

Working...
              X