• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you like a house in a Eco-town?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8152985.stm

Looking at the local news, the "locals" seem to be dead set against the idea. There again they seem the type who would be dead set against anything new.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Will it smell of recycled farts?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Will it smell of recycled farts?
      I think you're thinking of the London Underground.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

The ones who shout loudest are usually the biggest bananas (Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything).

Eco towns are bollocks anyway. People won't buy a place cos it's powered by pig shjt, people just need decent houses that don't cost the earth to buy, run and maintain.

Comment

I reckon Wilmsloooooooooooow (canned laughter) would be up for living in one.

Would certainly resolve his legacy of parking shenanigans as nobody would have a parking space to argue about. Just rows of cycle racks and people wearing bicycle clips.

Neighbourhood tension would be at an all time low.
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

21st century housing estate

Er. No thankyou.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post

21st century housing estate

Er. No thankyou.
              You only have to look at the track record of centrally planned housing over the years to realise it's probably not going to be very good.

Oh, and Forget about living in the countryside.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                Eco towns are bollocks anyway. People won't buy a place cos it's powered by pig shjt, people just need decent houses that don't cost the earth to buy, run and maintain.
                I think you underestimate the number of people who take this green thing seriously enough to let it influence their lives significantly. I don't buy into it myself, but I'm not oblivious to the fact that many do.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'd be all for living in a Grand Designs type eco palace, well thought out and well executed.

These look like tenements of the future.

And you can guarantee that your neighbours will be Mr and Mrs Crusty
                  'elf and safety guru

Comment

The proposed site for the Bicester one was next to the A34 and M40, and with no decent rail links. So clearly the real intention was "London car commuter town" rather than anything ECOist.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X