• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain could face up to 65,000 swine flu deaths

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain could face up to 65,000 swine flu deaths

Could be 3000, but could be 750,000.

More meaningless bullshiite from a doctor, but then should we expect anything less. They're talking up a mild flu virus into a plague. Killing off some of the weak and aged is not so bad either.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle6716477.ece

It will only kill those with other underlying health problems, probably like obesity and bad hearts from eating pies and chips, smoking too much, etc. The lower classes, i.e. Labour voters.

Not so bad now, is it.

Comment

When was it classified as "mild flu"? I thought the worst we could say was "it's flu". I fail to see why some people are so unable to accept the possibility of a serious epidemic... maybe it's simple complacency due to few of us being alive in anything similar, or confidence that modern medicine has made it impossible in a developed country?

Maybe you personally are speaking specifically about H1N1 after careful consideration of the facts, but regardless I think my point stands... most nay-sayers here seem to be taking a blasé attitude based mainly on the fact the disease has the word "flu" in its name and is therefore 'just flu, stop being silly'.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        When was it classified as "mild flu"? I thought the worst we could say was "it's flu". I fail to see why some people are so unable to accept the possibility of a serious epidemic... maybe it's simple complacency due to few of us being alive in anything similar, or confidence that modern medicine has made it impossible in a developed country?

Maybe you personally are speaking specifically about H1N1 after careful consideration of the facts, but regardless I think my point stands... most nay-sayers here seem to be taking a blasé attitude based mainly on the fact the disease has the word "flu" in its name and is therefore 'just flu, stop being silly'.
        ...or maybe people are just getting wise to the fact that they are being manipulated. Flu kills people EVERY YEAR. Some strains kill more people than other strains. Some strains are more virulent than others.

Just stop and think for a second. What is being kept off the front pages by all this crap? What are people not talking about and not getting angry about while they are focused on swine flu?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You seriously telling me this is like normal seasonal flu?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/sw...eaches-29.html

How many healthy young people die of normal flu?

Wake up. This is serious. You'll realise it in a few months, if you are still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
            Killing off some of the weak and aged is not so bad either.

Unless it's your baby or mum, obv...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
              ...or maybe people are just getting wise to the fact that they are being manipulated. Flu kills people EVERY YEAR. Some strains kill more people than other strains. Some strains are more virulent than others.

Just stop and think for a second. What is being kept off the front pages by all this crap? What are people not talking about and not getting angry about while they are focused on swine flu?
              WHS with knobs on...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Well all this isn't making me sleep well at night I can tell you, especially with having young kids at home.

But I am getting irritated by the doom-mongering, hysteria-generating media at it again. They never stop these days.

I ain't being in anyway complacent about this, but the hysteria approach achieves nothing.

I was a toddler through the last epidemic (1968-70) so let's get thing in perspective (this one may be worse but no one knows yet).

Comment

What is the impact on loss of earnings? How many days off sick will you have to take?
                  Not had one day off in the last three years.
                  You can guarantee some tw@t of a permie will still come in and infect the whole ******* team (trying to preserve their sick leave allowance for hangovers and holidays).
                  But the train journey is always going to be the most dangerous time, I am already a magnet to coughers and sniffers even in summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                    Could be 3000, but could be 750,000.

More meaningless bullshiite from a doctor, but then should we expect anything less. They're talking up a mild flu virus into a plague. Killing off some of the weak and aged is not so bad either.

No no no no no.

According to your mate Cyberghoul it's gonna be 2 million.

And he's our resident expert in all things morbidly inclined.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X