• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Same role, multiple agencies. Any issues?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same role, multiple agencies. Any issues?

Originally posted by dropcliffsnotbombs View Post
    I am interested in how you get on with your CV being sent from multiple agencies for the same role. Have you ever had any issues with this?
    I have lost at least one perfect match in this way. But that was because I was principled and walked away. I won't do that again.

I now know it is a matter of merely being strong with the agents. Unless the client has a preference, I go with the agency that is first to tell me of an interview.

I have no qualms any more about applying for the same role through every agency. I have been 'blocked' many, many times. Too bloody many. Especially the Catalist roles.

If the other agents want to play silly buggers, shout at them and tell them it is their own fault for being too slow. They will NOT take you to court. They WILL forget all about it within days. There is NO blacklist of contractors. Agents do NOT talk to each other.

Drop Cliff Snot Bombs?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Working...
X