• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

English Parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English Parliament

I'm Scots but I've come to the conclusion that the present form of union is no longer workable there has to be a UK Senate(it would sit in the House of Lords) and Westminster would once again be the home of the English parliament. The Senate would do everything that the national parliaments did not wish to do foreign affairs defence etc. The English Parliament, which adjourned on 25 March 1707, is hereby reconvened..................

Who cares what parliament there is? These days its almost an American system where the 10 Downing Street/White House is what counts. The "Executive office" does not care about parliament.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Who cares what parliament there is? These days its almost an American system where the 10 Downing Street/White House is what counts. The "Executive office" does not care about parliament.
      So we just give up on the ideal then?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

There is a very simple way to solve the problems we are in - ban all Scots from holding higher offices like being in the cabinet.

Simples.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

If we lived in ideal world, where the lion laid down with the lamb, and there were no nasty people, I would be in favour of one form of government

but
          If we lived in a feral world, where the lion laid down with the lamb then ate it, and there are only nasty people, I would be in favour of a different form of government

I think we are in the second, and for that reason, the Union is a good thing and we should not be so quick to throw it away.

hic
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Once the thingy agreement is signed and Blair is EU President, we may as well shut down the Houses of Commons and Lords.

We'll just go without representation in England, much as it has seemed for a couple of decades.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

cmon guys try to be more positive

Just cos its a recession doesn't mean we throw hands up in the air and say "there's no point trying" we're contractors for **** sake we always win. An English parliament would bring a new dawn to your country a fresh spirit a new hope don't any of you live for that shame on you.

Comment

Originally posted by foxbat3000 View Post
                An English parliament would bring a new dawn to your country
                more work for EDS and Indians
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

We're all going to be under the control of president tony soon, so parliament/downing street/england/scotland won't matter anyway.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    So we just give up on the ideal then?
                    "ideal" : look at their expenses.....

Comment

Working...
                    X