• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One Page Contract Review - IR35 Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Page Contract Review - IR35 Advice

I am a new contractor and have receieved a really short contract which is only one page long and with no appendices.

Is it worthwhile to get this reviewed for IR35 purposes?

I am trying to keep costs to a minimum especially given that this is a very short contract, and have checked the contract myself.

It includes text about being able to send a substitute and master / servant relationship and early termination all of which are required to be outside of IR35.

I ve had quotes of £200 to have the contract reviewed and for a one page document that does seem to be quite expensive.

Do people on here think this is worthwhile?

I think you can get it reviewed for far less than £200. I think QDOS have a freelancer subscription service where you pay approx £50 and can get 3 contracts reviewed in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMcadden View Post
      I am a new contractor and have receieved a really short contract which is only one page long and with no appendices.

Is it worthwhile to get this reviewed for IR35 purposes?

I am trying to keep costs to a minimum especially given that this is a very short contract, and have checked the contract myself.

It includes text about being able to send a substitute and master / servant relationship and early termination all of which are required to be outside of IR35.

I ve had quotes of £200 to have the contract reviewed and for a one page document that does seem to be quite expensive.

Do people on here think this is worthwhile?
      It depends.

How long is your contract for?
      How much are you getting per day?
      If you are caught by IR35, how much are you expected to lose in taxes?

Essentially, you have to do your own cost to risk assessment based on what you are likely to save / lose. £200 is a dip in the ocean in the big scheme of things.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
      X