• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Popping out for a pee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popping out for a pee

US space superloo claps out

NASA's deluxe International Space Station toilet clapped out yesterday, meaning the 13 astronauts currently aboard the orbiting outpost will temporarily have to share the Russian "Waste Management System" and space shuttle Endeavour's facilities.

The Americans were adopting an increasingly isolationist stance towards their facilities, and was unwilling to allow cosmonauts to relieve themselves in its new loo.

He did, though, insist that cosmonauts would ignore the squabble "no matter what officials decide". In the circumstances, this is good news for NASA crew.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Oops! I forgot the stinky linky!
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Can't they just nip outside and wee into space? As long as they got back inside before the wee had completed an orbit and spashed the back of their space-trousers, they should be OK.

Comment

If they weed into space, would it turn into yellow ice or vaporize into a monomolecular mist?

And would poo freeze or boil?

This research MUST have been done.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          If they weed into space, would it turn into yellow ice or vaporize into a monomolecular mist?

And would poo freeze or boil?

This research MUST have been done.
          It was, Wally Schirra was asked what was the most beautiful thing he saw in space, he replied urine dump at sunset.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
          X