• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Automotive Carnage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automotive Carnage

No pun intended. 100 car pileup on German Autobahn.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

"More than 60 people were injured in a motorway crash involving more than 100 cars in Germany. The accident happened on the A2 autobahn between Hanover and Peine.

German motorway police said 10 people suffered life-threatening injuries and 21 others were seriously injured in a series of accidents which are believed to have been caused by a combination of excessive speed and heavy rain."

oh that made me feel sick to the stomach..

gf chef is driving from Cologne to Fohr today, 6 or 7hr drive, and is on the road now, she wasnt sure if she would go via Hannover or Bremen, the crash happened around Hannover..

just called her and she's fine, she went via Bremen and is making good time.. phew
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Completely off-topic, but did anyone else see the BBC link to the Nazi Gnome at the end of that clip?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8157041.stm

I fear that Gnome could sell well in the UK
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        No pun intended. 100 car pileup on German Autobahn.
        At least no-one hurt. A friend is a a driver for met police. Was driving his boss on m42 a few years ago when they came across a crash in fog. His boss wanted to go help the crash victims but he persuaded him to go up embankment. they then watched the carnage including someomne who got out of car then run over and killed.

Says it will haunt him forever.

Comment

Strange film clip, guy out walking his dog walking around looking at the crashed cars. A few more people standing around smoking, there are crashed cars that may leak petrol beside them FFS. Automotive Carnage or a day out
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            At least no-one hurt. A friend is a a driver for met police. Was driving his boss on m42 a few years ago when they came across a crash in fog. His boss wanted to go help the crash victims but he persuaded him to go up embankment. they then watched the carnage including someomne who got out of car then run over and killed.

Says it will haunt him forever.
            Quite a few hurt as it happens.

"More than 60 people were injured in a motorway crash involving more than 100 cars in Germany. The accident happened on the A2 autobahn between Hanover and Peine.

German motorway police said 10 people suffered life-threatening injuries and 21 others were seriously injured in a series of accidents which are believed to have been caused by a combination of excessive speed and heavy rain."
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

But no British.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                Strange film clip, guy out walking his dog walking around looking at the crashed cars.
                Most likely looking for things to steal, I'm afraid.

Human nature is appalling.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  But no British.
                  How do you deduct that from the text?

Is it the use of the word "people"?
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    Most likely looking for things to steal, I'm afraid.

Human nature is appalling.
                    ahh I get it - so the cameraman is the British one.
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X