• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earnings Avalanche This Week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So will the markets go north or south??

World demand is still shrinking and money it too tight to mention.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...2_FORTUNE5.htm

Microsoft Corp, McDonald's Corp, Amazon and American Express are among the stream of companies reporting later in the week.

Will be an interesting week- by Friday, a fairly good indication of the state of the world economy will be public knowledge. On Tuesday, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will head to Capitol Hill to deliver his semiannual testimony to the House Financial Services Committee. Friday will bring revised oil reserve figures.

PZZ

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post

So will the markets go north or south??

World demand is still shrinking and money it too tight to mention.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...2_FORTUNE5.htm

Microsoft Corp, McDonald's Corp, Amazon and American Express are among the stream of companies reporting later in the week.

Will be an interesting week- by Friday, a fairly good indication of the state of the world economy will be public knowledge. On Tuesday, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will head to Capitol Hill to deliver his semiannual testimony to the House Financial Services Committee. Friday will bring revised oil reserve figures.

PZZ
    I still believe the worst is not over.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I'm inclined to agree.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Will be very revealing to see what is the cream of tech stock co's report and forecast for the future.

PZZ

Comment

Apple report in 90 mins, if they are not making money, then I will be concerned.

Also chip maker Texas Instruments reporting will say a lot about if tech firms are looking to ramp up production any time soon.

PZZ

Comment

Breaking news is that Yahoo will make a statement regarding a merger with Microsoft within the hour.

PZZ

Comment

Breaking news is that Yahoo will make a statement regarding a merger with Microsoft within the hour.

PZZ
              Christ, yes. It only broke at least four weeks ago.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Apple report in 90 mins, if they are not making money, then I will be concerned.

Also chip maker Texas Instruments reporting will say a lot about if tech firms are looking to ramp up production any time soon.

PZZ
                Actually, Tuesday after the close.

PZZ
                Latest on this story.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  Christ, yes. It only broke at least four weeks ago.
                  Latest on the deal is here:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...e-1754578.html

PZZ

Comment

Well Mac sales up 6% and overall profits up 10%, not bad in a recession.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...20-714560.html

Also interesting to note that iTunes downloads have now passed the 1.5 billion mark, thats quite a lot of money.

Anothere interesting note sais that iPhone and Blackberry represent 35% of all profit worldwide in the mobile phone market and growing. This would suggest that the writing is on the wall for standard handsets. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...kfast-briefing

PZZ
                    PZZ

Comment

Working...
                    X