• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bangernomics……

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bangernomics……

A mate is flogging a M ref Pug 405 diesel – his folks car, new to them all those years ago, and still handles great (he has a Beamer M3 and used this for a 80 mile return motorway commute doing around 90!!)

Worth not a lot - £300 territory. But! Two insurances and taxes.....

As my Focus is only 20 months old and already done 37K’s I am considering getting this heap, seeing if it really does eat up the commute to keep the miles off the Focus. My commute is 120 return miles, but do 7-3 so a nice easy hour each way.

Anyone got experience of 405’s?

Wilmslooooow!

<canned laughter>

Comment

Wilmslow, with all the driving you do why not get a decent car like a Jag or a Lexus and stop messing around with all that chav junk.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        A mate is flogging a M ref Pug 405 diesel – his folks car, new to them all those years ago, and still handles great (he has a Beamer M3 and used this for a 80 mile return motorway commute doing around 90!!)

Worth not a lot - £300 territory. But! Two insurances and taxes.....

As my Focus is only 20 months old and already done 37K’s I am considering getting this heap, seeing if it really does eat up the commute to keep the miles off the Focus. My commute is 120 return miles, but do 7-3 so a nice easy hour each way.

Anyone got experience of 405’s?
        We had a 405 Diesel estate for about 6 years a while back. It was 8 years old and cost 720, sold it to my brother for 300 who still has it.
        In all the time we had it, I dont remember having to spend any money on it with the exception of basic servicing. We did around 130,000 KM in it.

So would recommend it for reliability and low cost running, but the downside is that its not really many peoples idea of a babe magnet.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
          Wilmslooooow!

<canned laughter>
          plus......

<end credits>

<Terry & June style music>
          King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Originally Posted by pzz76077
            So would recommend it for reliability and low cost running, but the downside is that its not really many peoples idea of a babe magnet.PZZ

Middle aged men tend to throw in off the cuff remarks like this into their discussions to prove that they're still with it. But we all see through it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Does anyone buy a banger as a babe magnet?
              All I can say is that there are likely to be some old motors that are more appealing to the fairer sex than our orange exterior, gray nylon interior 405 diesel estate was.
              Then we didnt buy it for its looks.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Does anyone buy a banger as a babe magnet?
                Does my 1972 Morris 1800 count as a Babe Magnet? Well, the older ones look at least!
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Wilmslow, with all the driving you do why not get a decent car like a Jag or a Lexus and stop messing around with all that chav junk.
                  As hes a permie he cant afford much

HTH

Comment

What a sad excuse for a human being....

Comment

Working...
                    X