• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Multiple contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple contract

I have a good chance at getting an additional contract for a couple of days a month. as you can understand, this is a good pointer for fending off IR35.

The problem is, the contract is voluntary in the initial phase. this doesnt bother me as its a non-profit org i believe in and i'm actually a member. Regardless, there would still be a contract put in place.

The question: if there is no charge, would the beloved HMRC ignore this contract? Is the contract, and therefore 2nd client, valid without monies being exchanged?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    I have a good chance at getting an additional contract for a couple of days a month. as you can understand, this is a good pointer for fending off IR35.
    I doubt it. I used to do work on the side when still a permie... but I was still a permie.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I doubt it. I used to do work on the side when still a permie... but I was still a permie.
      so going by your theory, I'm a contractor doing additional contract work therefore outside of IR35

You make loads of sense!
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

The point is, just doing a couple of days work with another client doesn't really make any difference to your employment status with your main client. I thought HMRC decided IR35 status on a per-contract basis also?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The issue is that you are judged not by your situation at any given point, but by each individual contract in isolation.

Comment

Working...
          X