• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV whilst on a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV whilst on a contract

When you are on a contract and starting to look for your next role, do you list your current company on your CV?

Obviously if you do, that company will be inundated with calls from pimps, but if not, what do you put for current company?
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    When you are on a contract and starting to look for your next role, do you list your current company on your CV?

Obviously if you do, that company will be inundated with calls from pimps, but if not, what do you put for current company?
    If you put nothing they will assume you dont have a gig. Or in prison.

Comment

I update my CV after about a week in a new role, always like to be ready when the time comes.

As for the current client getting calls, I cannot be blamed for unscupulus agents cold calling every name they see in front of them on a CV. Most companies are used to agents cold calling them anyway and have the GTF script memorised.

Comment

Personally, whilst I'm still under contract I just put a description without naming the client such as "IT Services Provider, London".

Comment

I only ever look for work when I know the current contract is coming to an end and they dont have any more work for me or anyone else with my skills. I put current contract on cv and I tell the agency this and assume that they will then figure out it would be a waste of their time hounding said client.

hmm I've just re-read the above and it assumes that agents have a brain..
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            If you put nothing they will assume you dont have a gig. Or in prison.
            I didnt believe that until I was asked a year or two ago in an interview. "This gap - were you in prison?"

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

If a large company just put company name there and find out which agents the company/department use and just make sure you don't send your CV to them. The other agents are unlikely to have a point of contact in the company

If you are in a small company though you are screwed, put company name down and cold calling agents will let cat out of bag pretty fast, and refusal to name current contract is red flag to potential clients with a brain that you are the type to do a "runner"

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post

Name = "Witheld"
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

I had an agent's secretary ask me that once... I never did hear from them again...
                  Did you eat them?

Comment

Working...
                  X