• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Window closing on "Bargain Buys"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window closing on "Bargain Buys"

http://miranda.hemscott.com/static/c...70/3906358.pdf

Rightmove shows house prices rising (actually asking prices rising) in July.

Get out there an bag a bargain. The only way is up.

*cough* dead cat bounce *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
      *cough* dead cat bounce *cough*
      WSS
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        http://miranda.hemscott.com/static/c...70/3906358.pdf

Rightmove shows house prices rising (actually asking prices rising) in July.

Get out there an bag a bargain. The only way is up.
        UK houses are still 20-30% overpriced.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
          UK houses are still 20-30% overpriced.

PZZ
          Not in the minds of the sellers obviously, who are raising asking prices.

Comment

Did you buy anything ?

Must say there are quite a lot of SOLD signs up round my way and sod all on the market in the medium/high end. Must be a few frustrated STR's out there but I'd still sooner be one of them than a mug who bought in 2007

Comment

It will take time to sink in that prices have gone down.

I know people who have property in Dublin valued a couple of years ago at 3 million, current value 300k. They will not sell for less that 3 million, ok they will have to wait a very very long time.

Current people in Ireland are handing in the keys for their property to the banks with about 30k arrears and heading to the airport.

Will not get that bad here but it is not over yet, taxes will go up this year or next.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Its the lack of property to buy/sell that is keeping prices high, noting else.
                Many of the properties that arent selling are crap and/or overpriced so no one wants them.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                  I'd still sooner be one of them than a mug who bought in 2007

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    Did you buy anything ?

Must say there are quite a lot of SOLD signs up round my way and sod all on the market in the medium/high end. Must be a few frustrated STR's out there but I'd still sooner be one of them than a mug who bought in 2007
                    Not bought my mansion yet. Prices do not reflect reality whatsoever.

Property is still selling mind at the £700 - £900K mark like hot cakes. There's obviously cash and credit slushing around from somewhere. That will dry up in time.

I'll stick with money in the bank and property all paid up to live in until then.

Comment

Working...
                    X