• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

random info of the day: did you know..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

random info of the day: did you know..

grapes and raisins are poisonous to cats and dogs..

Grapes and raisins have both been shown to result in potentially fatal kidney failure in dogs and cats, although the underlying toxin has not been identified. Green or purple grapes; organically grown or commercially grown; seeds or seedless; grapes grown in many different areas of the country; and raisins from those grapes--all have been found to be harmful. What we do know is that the toxin is not related to the use of pesticides or due to zinc or lead in the fruit. Fungal elements have not been implicated either. As of today, the toxic element remains a mystery, but it's effects are all too real.

http://www.newyorktails.com/petdiet.htm

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/ask-th...ple-foods.html
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    grapes and raisins are poisonous to cats and dogs..

Grapes and raisins have both been shown to result in potentially fatal kidney failure in dogs and cats, although the underlying toxin has not been identified. Green or purple grapes; organically grown or commercially grown; seeds or seedless; grapes grown in many different areas of the country; and raisins from those grapes--all have been found to be harmful. What we do know is that the toxin is not related to the use of pesticides or due to zinc or lead in the fruit. Fungal elements have not been implicated either. As of today, the toxic element remains a mystery, but it's effects are all too real.

http://www.newyorktails.com/petdiet.htm

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/ask-th...ple-foods.html
    Some dogs. Milile (golden retriever) eats grapes regularly and hasn't dropped dead yet.

Comment

The stamen of lilies are poisonous to cats. Just a few more and I will see off Mrs BP's moggie.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
        Some dogs. Milile (golden retriever) eats grapes regularly and hasn't dropped dead yet.
        it's a toxin, it takes time for a kidney to fail, i should know i've been pushing mine to it's alcohol removal limits for years now..
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Don't give chocolate to competition horses. You could be committing a doping offence.

Oh - and it's not very good for them.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            The stamen of lilies are poisonous to cats. Just a few more and I will see off Mrs BP's moggie.
            So are high velocity rounds, I believe

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I hope you like mushroom omlettes
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Our cat loves olives.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  Don't give chocolate to competition horses. You could be committing a doping offence.

Oh - and it's not very good for them.
                  Also potentially fatal for dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                    So are high velocity rounds, I believe
                    Yup, a little lead in the ear solves most pet problems...

Overkill on a goldfish though...

Comment

Working...
                    X