• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permies can be beyond belief…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permies can be beyond belief…..

Re-scheduled a very important meeting due to somebody not being available to another day and time.

Spent a lot of effort getting a room and other peoples availability.

Got a declined from the person I have worked around – because this is when he wants to eat his lunch. Three days after changing the meeting.

Meeting is only an hour, and he has no meetings after, so he is perfectly able to have his lunch at 1pm instead of 12pm. (Most of the people in the meeting have lunch around 1pm, hence 12 was the ideal choice for the majority.

I am refusing to change the meeting a third time as there are no more options for peoples time or a room at short notice.

If he does not attend I will raise as a formal project risk that he knew about the meeting and went for his pie and chips instead of participating.

How permie is this???

Waffle, waffle, waffle, permie speak, waffle, waffle
    My Wilmslow <canned laughter> translator is playing up.

Comment

Look at my face...

Am I bovverred?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Comment

is he a permie?

if so then what do you expect? you should have planned accordingly. Be grateful they're not german or else you'd never have a meeting as they're all on holiday and even if not would never dream of having a meeting during lunchtime.
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Perhaps he just want to avoid you?
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              Perhaps he just want to avoid you?

I can't imagine that !!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                Re-scheduled a very important meeting due to somebody not being available to another day and time.

Got a declined from the person I have worked around – because this is when he wants to eat his lunch. Three days after changing the meeting.

Meeting is only an hour, and he has no meetings after, so he is perfectly able to have his lunch at 1pm instead of 12pm. (Most of the people in the meeting have lunch around 1pm, hence 12 was the ideal choice for the majority.

I am refusing to change the meeting a third time as there are no more options for peoples time or a room at short notice.

If he does not attend I will raise as a formal project risk that he knew about the meeting and went for his pie and chips instead of participating.

How permie is this???
                Dont invite him to any more meetings, just send him a list of actions and deliverables to complete before the next one.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
                  Dont invite him to any more meetings, just send him a list of actions and deliverables to complete before the next one.

PZZ

Good advice. Permie=permie. Contractor=disposable. Step lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

How permie is this???
                    Why not get your mafia ex-neighbours to sort him out?

Or follow him into the toilets and pee on his shoes.

Comment

Working...
                    X