• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swine flu - should I be worried?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swine flu - should I be worried?

Most weeks I fly to the client's site. Yesterday this young chap was taken off the plane after a violent vomiting episode. We had not even left the ground. Gordon Bennett it was rank.

I'm sure it was just a stomach bug or something.

I, among others, really did not want to be on the plane any more.

Got me thinking. The client is constantly sending messages to premie staff warning them not to take part in unnecessary travel. Great. What about us? Kind of defeats the point if I come into the office sneezing my lungs out.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

RIP Scooterscot
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Most weeks I fly to the client's site. Yesterday this young chap was taken off the plane after a violent vomiting episode. We had not even left the ground. Gordon Bennett it was rank.

I'm sure it was just a stomach bug or something.

I, among others, really did not want to be on the plane any more.

Got me thinking. The client is constantly sending messages to premie staff warning them not to take part in unnecessary travel. Great. What about us? Kind of defeats the point if I come into the office sneezing my lungs out.
      1. Norovirus
      2. See ya on the flipside

Comment

Yes you should be worried - mostly about the complete drivelly bollux the Cretin will post on here while it lasts.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

-
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            1. Norovirus
            2. See ya on the flipside
            Concur.

You will need a bucket in close proximity to your bog pretty soon.

DOOMED!
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The real worry is if you get to the other end and then they refuse to fly you back cos you've got a temperature, and you end up quarantined for 7 days in China etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                The real worry is if you get to the other end and then they refuse to fly you back cos you've got a temperature, and you end up quarantined for 7 days in China etc.
                There you go - like clockwork
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Concur.

You will need a bucket in close proximity to your bog pretty soon.

DOOMED!
                  Between your knees actually, works for me.

Comment

Well one thing we can be sure of is that you should probably avoid work for 52 weeks so you don't kill someone who's funeral you then have to attend and feel guilty about!

Comment

Working...
                    X