• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Berlin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berlin

Hi All

Stag night in August in Berlin. I have been Berlin before so I know where to head for tourist sights but never really drank in Berlin at night. Where should we head ? Any advice ?

Also, 13 of us, so are we likely to get bouncer issues ? are we best splitting into smaller groups when going into bars ? All the lads are the well behaved types..

checkout club der visionaire, watergate and tresor. may have some issue at bigger clubs like watergate but berliners are usually very chilled and nice so wouldnt think so.

Comment

We went as a group of 10 lads a couple of years back, never had a spot of trouble getting in anywhere.

Berlin is a real party town.

The lad amongst us who speaks fluent German was slightly disappointed that the bar and restaurant staff all wanted to practice their English on us so communication wasn't an issue.

We stayed in the old Eastern half of the city, stark and functional. The tram system is as cheap as chips and works so efficiently that we were often at our station before we'd managed to pay

Must go back soon!
      'elf and safety guru

Comment

I had my stag do in Berlin, make sure you do the bike tour with the American chap. I think it’s based at the bottom of the TV tower in the east? Anyway its good way to see the sights and you can stop for as many beers and pretzels as you like along the way.

By night I can’t remember much but there was some seemingly derelict building that turned out to be a lively bar/club that was a good laugh… though I do vaguely remember throwing up with quite some force at this stage.

Also lots of very pretty eastern Euro whores hanging about everywhere you go... anyone seen Dave?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone, keep it coming...

Watergate has been mentioned by a few people I am talking to... Sound promising...

Comment

the lighting system is amazing in watergate, saw hot chip rip the place up a few years ago. excellent outdoor chill area opposite universal studios and some castle to watch the sun come up.

Comment

We spent a lot of time drinking in pubs and clubs under some railway arches.....

I remember (well not a lot really) going to the obligatory Irish Bar to watch the footie....

I remember queing to go up the Reichstag and it was minus 17. We thought that "at least we can warm up in the greenhouse on the top".... No chance

The TV tower was cool, some coffee and cake to warm up, and we were above the cloud/mist looking out on a sea of cotton wool. Then a helicopter passed under us which was quite freaky.

If you're going to see some of the touristy stuff, Checkpoint Charlie (a shed in the middle of the autobahn) was a waste of time, but the Museum of the Wall(?) was very thought provoking, as was shooting out on a train to see some of the last remaining sections of the wall.

A great place
              'elf and safety guru

Comment

Watch out for dodgy East Europeans. Popular pubs in the centre will be packed as they now do pub crawls with guides which means loads of puking up students. Klo can be a laugh. Go up the Fernsehturm, go to the U-Bahn at Berlin Mitte (Humboldt) to get the best Currywurst, don't drink Berliner Weisse, go to Potsdamer Platz (maybe,) go to the Gendarmenmarkt for cool bars/restaurants to sit outside in the sun, don't go to the Reichstag as the queues are horrendous. Get your willy out on the Ku'Damm and perpetuate the British sense of humour (Ach ja, Benny Hill!!!)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X