• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bangers and Jacky Jumpers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bangers and Jacky Jumpers

Remember them? And those helicoptery thingies.

Banned of course.

Nasty dangerous things.

Now we have fireworks from China that make the place sound like the Battle of the Somme is going on outside.

That's progress for you.

Someone was busted in Swansea for having three quarters of a ton (or tonne) of fireworks...

Was he wearing a rucksack, cliaming benefit, and had a lot of facial hair by any chance..?
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
      Was he wearing a rucksack, cliaming benefit, and had a lot of facial hair by any chance..?
      That Guy Fawkes, eh, they had proper terror promoting religious fundamentalists in those days.

Still, interesting article here on the creeping Americanisation of our culture and how Guy Fawkes can help turn the tide (or not)...

Halloween v Guy Fawkes Day
      Last edited by Lucifer Box; 5 November 2005, 12:39.

Comment

Were they the ones that had wings and flew around at neck height?

Things started to get a anaemic a few years ago but the illegal Chinese ones have certainly put a bit of pepp back into 5th Nov....
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Didn't go bang though.
          They didn't need to - even the cat had to dive for cover when Dad let one of those off...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
          X