• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOn't want to get involved

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOn't want to get involved

I'm working permie for the time being (sorry, I'm trying to end it jsut as soon as I can find another contract) and was working for a small consultancy that got bought out by a large consultancy. now the first company was a bit dodgy, but now the HR department are trying to get me to sign a statement about the status of certain employees. I have told them I don't want to get involved, as I'm sure they are preparing some sorf of legal case against the first company. The directors of the company are no longer working with us.

I'm just trying to stand firm and not signing it but they are starting to get very pushy on it. Any advice on how I can get them to leave me alone?

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    I'm working permie for the time being (sorry, I'm trying to end it jsut as soon as I can find another contract) and was working for a small consultancy that got bought out by a large consultancy. now the first company was a bit dodgy, but now the HR department are trying to get me to sign a statement about the status of certain employees. I have told them I don't want to get involved, as I'm sure they are preparing some sorf of legal case against the first company. The directors of the company are no longer working with us.

I'm just trying to stand firm and not signing it but they are starting to get very pushy on it. Any advice on how I can get them to leave me alone?
    No.

HTH.

(hint: we nothing about this mystical land of permiedom on this site)

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post

Would suggest you take any documentary evidence of this episode you have straight round to the nearest brief as I believe what they are doing is case building & if they lost, you would stand to get wrapped up in the counter suit.

PZZ

Comment

Walk, now.

Make sure you've got an original of any document they wanted you to sign.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          Walk, now.

Make sure you've got an original of any document they wanted you to sign.
          I wouldnt walk just yet, until you know what your (money making) options are.

PZZ

Comment

Great - thanks for your advice. You've given me a good reason I can state to them why I am not signing.

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
              I wouldnt walk just yet, until you know what your (money making) options are.

PZZ
              For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
                No doubt, but invariably people work because they get paid amongst other reasons and who wouldn't want to get paid more??

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
                  No doubt, but invariably people work because they get paid amongst other reasons and who wouldn't want to get paid more??

PZZ
                  Yes, but they run the risk of being on the wrong end of a couple of law suits, one from the current client who sounds a litigious type, and a potential counter suit.

Reading between the lines it sounds like the big consultancy didn't do their due diligence right and the key players walked.

Comment

Yeah that's about right. The small company completely blagged the current company. Telling them the consulting team was bigger than it really was, to the extent of changing people's job descriptions and falsifying timesheets.

The original company deserve what's coming to them, but I dont want to be a part of it

Comment

Working...
                    X