• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Centronics cable - chuck or keep?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centronics cable - chuck or keep?

just found one in the basement. Could it ever come in useful again?

Can't think that it would.

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
    just found one in the basement. Could it ever come in useful again?

Can't think that it would.
    Very few laptops or PC's are made with parrallel printer ports these days & even fewer printers. Most are USB, RJ45, bluetooth or wifi equipped now.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
      Very few laptops or PC's are made with parrallel printer ports these days & even fewer printers. Most are USB, RJ45, bluetooth or wifi equipped now.

PZZ
      I don't use anything with one any more, but I just know as soon as I throw it away...

Comment

I still use an old Laserjet connected via the parallel port.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Got loads of cables in attic including RS232. Too much trouble untangling the good from the bad. How is it you put cables in a box which you never otherwise touch and a few years later they are totally tangled up? I think they must be alive somehow.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Threw my centronics and a load of other old cables about two years ago - haven't needed them. Will they become valuable if enough of us throw them away?

Comment

Not long after Vista came out, I upgraded my PC.

However, HP did not release Vista drivers for my printer at the time, a LaserJet 6L.

So, I bought one of these to use with my existing parallel printer cable to allow me to use the printer with Vista.

So, * in theory *, it still has a use.

Comment

Working...
              X