• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do Doctors get swine flu?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Doctors get swine flu?

Have they already built up immunity?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    They get it on prescription.

HTH
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

They have easy access to tamiflu.

Comment

No such thing as immunity, Dr d000hg said so. We all just need to shut ourselves away in cupboards for the next year or so.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          They have easy access to tamiflu.
          True but I just had a quick shufty at the Lancet, BMJ and NEJM and there's nothing in the literature about using Oseltamivir as a prophylactic.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...d/Tamiflu2.gif - synthesis thereof.

Comment

Pah! I bet Sir Lancelot Spratt would have just told us all to pull ourselves together!

(I suspect few if any here will remember Sir Lancelot)
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

gf works with another 8 doctors and they have been doing a 'swine flu' rota where a doctor a day has to deal with the calls. Initially they had to go to the house but now it's just 'don't come near us'. Nobody has got it yet.

Many of the people phoning up are the usual loonies who phone up on a Monday morning saying they have what was on casualty on Saturday night.

They are now keeping a note of who has been given tamiflu and you don't get it twice.

Comment

The late Dr Day of the Priory Practice in Dunstable caught swine flu and met his end. I understand he had been ill for years with various circulatory problems.

HTH
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                X