• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown to follow Pakistan’s example?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown to follow Pakistan’s example?

Telegraph: Pakistan president Asif Zardari bans jokes ridiculing him

Pakistanis who send jokes about Asif Zardari by text message, email or blog risk being arrested and given a 14-year prison sentence.

The country's interior minister, Rehman Malik, announced the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) had been asked to trace electronically transmitted jokes that "slander the political leadership of the country" under the new Cyber Crimes Act.

Malik, said the move would punish the authors of "ill motivated and concocted stories through emails and text messages against the civilian leadership".
    Examples:
    Zardari jokes:

"Terrorists have kidnapped our beloved Zardari and are demanding $5,000,000 or they will burn him with petrol. Please donate what you can. I have donated five litres."

To commemorate the ascension to the Presidency, Pakistan Post has officially launched a new stamp. But the people of Pakistan are confused which side on the stamp to spit on.

Robber: "Give me all your money!"
    Zardari: "Don't you know who I am? I am Asif Ali Zardari."
    Robber: "OK. Give me all my money"
    Hang about they could work here. Lets see.

>s/Zardari/Snot Goblin/g

Yup, works fine.

He'll be introducing it here on Monday.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Working...
X