• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fookin knackered

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fookin knackered

In the eternal battle against weight I went for a swim tonight. I managed so slog out 800m breast stroke (girly stroke) and feel fookin knackered, but also chuffing hungry. Does anyone else swim like an old dolphin with missing fins can share my pain? Will ache tomorra.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I like swimming because it's about the only exercise you don't get sweaty, which I hate. On the other hand when your technique is poor, it's horrendously hard work. Keep at it though, if you're out of practice you'll see big improvements in speed/distance quite fast.

As for the post-workout hunger... drink a pint of water and wait 10min before eating, rather than buying Space Raiders at the pool's vending machines
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      In the eternal battle against weight I went for a swim tonight. I managed so slog out 800m breast stroke (girly stroke) and feel fookin knackered, but also chuffing hungry. Does anyone else swim like an old dolphin with missing fins can share my pain? Will ache tomorra.
      Hurt is gods way of telling you that you overdid it. Try sitting in a comfy chair instead.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Hurt is gods way of telling you that you overdid it. Try sitting in a comfy chair instead.

HTH

You're right. I shall take my evening constitutional (to the shed), instead.

Comment

800m breaststroke would knacker me out too, unless I went girlie speed, not least because I rarely use it. Front crawl is more efficient. What's weird about front-crawl, given that it seems like such a natural stroke, is that it was only 'invented' a hundred odd years ago. I'm told we'd naturally do some kind of weird side-stroke, or drown, which was all the rage before front-crawl was invented and luckily not patented.

To really knacker yourself out needlessly and annoy others, you need to switch to butterfly. I have no idea why such an inefficient stroke is allowed to be an Olympic event, likewise breaststroke. It's crazy when there is a better way of getting from one end of a pool to the other at high speed. Why isn't there an Olympic event for running the hundred metres in a stupid way?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Why isn't there an Olympic event for running the hundred metres in a stupid way?
            Hurdles.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

800m breaststroke would knacker me out too, unless I went girlie speed, not least because I rarely use it. Front crawl is more efficient. What's weird about front-crawl, given that it seems like such a natural stroke, is that it was only 'invented' a hundred odd years ago. I'm told we'd naturally do some kind of weird side-stroke, or drown, which was all the rage before front-crawl was invented and luckily not patented.

To really knacker yourself out needlessly and annoy others, you need to switch to butterfly. I have no idea why such an inefficient stroke is allowed to be an Olympic event, likewise breaststroke. It's crazy when there is a better way of getting from one end of a pool to the other at high speed. Why isn't there an Olympic event for running the hundred metres in a stupid way?
              I was going girly speed, it took 32 minutes.

Comment

800m breaststroke would knacker me out too, unless I went girlie speed, not least because I rarely use it. Front crawl is more efficient. ..
                I'd have thought backstroke is the most efficient for humans, because you aren't using muscle power to arch your head out of the water. But obviously the main snag is that you can't see where you're going.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Why isn't there an Olympic event for running the hundred metres in a stupid way?
                  Well not the 100m but they do that 10k mincing thing
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    .... but also chuffing hungry.
                    I hope you didn't 'treat' yourself to a Big Mac and a milkshake/beer because you 'deserved it'.

Many a fitness regime has been scuppered by post-workout binges.

But I'm sure you didn't fall for it...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X