• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get rid of Doctors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get rid of Doctors?

Do we need them? Why not scrap the NpFitForNothing project and produce a proper web self-diagnosis service with the money instead that would allow prescriptions and referrals to be made on-line? 90% of the time the system would prescribe a placebo or aspirin and it would also include a decent AI chatterbot that would listen patiently and respond sympathetically to a patient’s troubles and also kill a certain percentage. Surely this would be more reliable and more efficient than using a human GP whose knowledge is lost when he retires at 50? It could even include a web cam so that a grunt in India could take a look at your verruca if necessary.
    Yes, it’s about time a lot of the grunt work was removed from GPs
    0.00%
    No, you can’t beat a human
    60.00%
    Not quite yet, but one day soon
    20.00%
    AndyW was doctored at birth
    20.00%

Would it print me off a sick note?

Comment

The NHS have been trying this for years with the covert and not-so-covert upskilling of nurses and "nurse practitioners".

If a nurse has a desire to be a doctor then s/he should take the time out and **** off to medical school like doctors did. It's about cost saving in the NHS - nothing more, nothing less.

NuLabour = evil.

Comment

Of course we need them, I would not be living in a massive big house in the posh part of town without mine.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Of course we need them, I would not be living in a massive big house in the posh part of town without mine.
          Minestrone = kept man.

Can we please have a round of applause for this small victory in the battle of the sexes?

Comment

I used to earn twice what she earned and now she takes in twice what I earn. See me complaining?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I used to earn twice what she earned and now she takes in twice what I earn. See me complaining?
              Nope

Needless to say, when Mrs M-the-second ****ed off I was earning about 1.2 times what she was. Now? I'm earning about eleven times what she does.

I'm enough of a wuss that I'm still in deepest, darkest, despair (aka "love") with her.

Comment

Working...
              X