• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for business partner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for business partner

Surely i can't be the only one out there who wants a bit more.

I'm a developer who's been contracting for about 5 years, now i'm out of contract and have some time on my hands and fancy expanding my company.

Is there anybody else out there who may possibly be in a similar situation who maybe wants to team up and make a go of running a successful company?

Be interested to find somebody like-minded.

Depends on business?

I have been focused on working towards this as well. what kind of business were you thinking about?

Comment

Not that I am interested myself but like to see people trying to improve their situation instead of just moaning about it....but that said

If you don't say what your skills, background industry, rough outline business ideas/plans and so forth are beyond "I contracted for a while and want to start up a company" how do you expect intelligent and appropriate responses?

Like do you really want to hear from Asda shelf stockers?

ps: it might be more worthwhile checking out things like linked in
      Last edited by Not So Wise; 22 July 2009, 09:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_S View Post
        Surely i can't be the only one out there who wants a bit more.

I'm a developer who's been contracting for about 5 years, now i'm out of contract and have some time on my hands and fancy expanding my company.

Is there anybody else out there who may possibly be in a similar situation who maybe wants to team up and make a go of running a successful company?

Be interested to find somebody like-minded.
        Tell me more ?

Comment

Interested

I'd like to know a bit more too actually.

I'm a developer too, mainly in the Oracle space so all things back end (keep it clean), PLSQL, SQL, javascript, ajax, web development, APEX, Forms, Reports.

Comment

I feel a PM storm coming ...

Keep us posted on how it goes...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              I feel a PM storm coming ...

Keep us posted on how it goes...
              Strange you should say that. I feel a Security storm coming....

I'd be interested in being posted on this too.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I don't generally have a defined business plan or anything but i can give a bit of info on my background.

28 years old, been developing mainly besktope business applications for around 12+ years, had my own limited company for nearly 5 years (not done much in the way of expansion), quite recently come out of a 4 year contract with a large company and have some time to dedicate to a new IT business.

At the moment i'm taking some timeout and having a bit of fun writing some software for the iPhone and that's getting me by.

Over 12 years of programming i've generally stuck to MS technologies so everything .NET, SQL Server..etc athough i do know C, Objective C.

Hopefully there is someone out like me, whether they have a different skill set to me or not, who can bring something to a new IT business. Not particularly limited to one person either.

Comment

Be a little aware that lawyers love partnerships. And for very good reasons. A few off the top of my head:
                  • what happens if one of you leaves or snuffs it?
                  • shared liability...if your partner screws up in a big way it can get messy
                  • shared decision making - can be a royal pain in the bum
                  • shared profits; if you share 50:50 (for example) and one party comes up with a great idea that generates the majority of the profits and puts most of the work in on that idea....trouble.

I suggest eyes open and head screwed on if you proceed with this. The last thing anyone wants to do is end up lining a lawyer's pockets
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I currently have about 5 plan-B ideas, all based on software but not all about selling a product... I'd love a partner to fund me working on one of them
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X