• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Four footballers banned for betting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four footballers banned for betting

This seems incredibly lenient to me. I would have banned them for life in order to create a worthwhile deterrent. Now everybody knows that if they get caught they will get a measly years ban.

In the 60's a number of Sheff Wed players were jailed for years for a betting scandal. It just shows how low we have sunk that we cannot give proper sentences. Yet more worries about the effects of the Human Rights Act no doubt !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._3/8162844.stm

Yeah! You tell 'em!

Please post more fascinating articles and garnish with your ever stimulating comments and cutting edge political insight.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Yeah! You tell 'em!

Please post more fascinating articles and garnish with your ever stimulating comments and cutting edge political insight.

Just because I beat you to it !!

Comment

Seems pretty fair to me - he'll also lose 12 months wages as I expect his team will let him go.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Seems pretty fair to me - he'll also lose 12 months wages as I expect his team will let him go.

Not to me. Once you are caught out as a this kind of cheat at sport you should be banned for life. I for one do not want to be watching a game and wondering whether dodgy goals are due to a betting scandal. It can only be bad for the game of football IMO.

Comment

footballers are such ignorant scum.

look at Stephen w4nkard. Someone actually says no to him (shock!) and its okay to beat em up.

The world would be a much better place is his type were sent to the gallows. Actually I can think of a few arrogant twunts at clientco who should join him.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              footballers are such ignorant scum.

look at Stephen w4nkard. Someone actually says no to him (shock!) and its okay to beat em up.

The world would be a much better place is his type were sent to the gallows. Actually I can think of a few arrogant twunts at clientco who should join him.

If he is guilty he should be jailed for a few months. Violence really is despicable in society, especially from our so-called role-models. I bet he gets off with a suspended sentence though !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                If he is guilty he should be jailed for a few months. Violence really is despicable in society, especially from our so-called role-models. I bet he gets off with a suspended sentence though !!
                Yeah stab him in the face!

Oh hang on...

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  Yeah stab him in the face!

Oh hang on...

You really are an ignorant plonker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    I bet he gets off with a suspended sentence though !!
                    I believe he will. As his lawyers are paid more.

Comment

Working...
                    X