• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General DANNATT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General DANNATT

For those of us who might have missed it, the current Chief of the General Staff ((CGS)=professional head of the Army) leaves his post July 31st 2009 to return to the comparatively clean environment (when compared with politics) of pig farming in Norfolk.

Lord Foulkes has received media coverage this morning for suggesting that CGS should shut up when there's a war on. Surely the point of CGS is to be pointing out when things aren't as good as they should be?

If you think that George Foulkes (no military experience, Labour apparatchik arselicker through and through) should be villified, please click on the poll above and make your feelings known to him at [email protected], CCing [email protected].

For those of you who want General Dannatts' email address and phone number, drop me a PM.
    ...a **** - should be tarred, feather, and sent to AFG with a pork chop hanging around his neck
    42.86%
    ...a good guy - saying what people on the street think
    35.71%
    ...AndyW
    21.43%

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    For those of us who might have missed it, the current Chief of the General Staff ((CGS)=professional head of the Army) leaves his post July 31st 2009 to return to the comparatively clean environment (when compared with politics) of pig farming in Norfolk.

Lord Foulkes has received media coverage this morning for suggesting that CGS should shut up when there's a war on. Surely the point of CGS is to be pointing out when things aren't as good as they should be?

If you think that George Foulkes (no military experience, Labour apparatchik arselicker through and through) should be villified, please click on the poll above and make your feelings known to him at [email protected], CCing [email protected].

For those of you who want General Dannatts' email address and phone number, drop me a PM.
    George Foulkes was my local MP growing up, he's a right bell end.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Is there any point? I think most people came to realise ages ago that if person A takes one position and person B takes another position ,and person A is labour MP or stooge....then you don't need to know anything about either position to know that person B is, by definition, right?
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

OH **** - read the ******* question. I read is General Danatt a ..., not George boll*ck breath so voted incorrectly.

If the head of the Army cannot speak up for his troops, who can?

BTW - arn't we on active service somewhere in the world constantly - GW1, Balkans, Siera Leone, Afganistan, Iraq, etc.

Next time I will read the question ...
        Beer
        is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
          Is there any point? I think most people came to realise ages ago that if person A takes one position and person B takes another position ,and person A is labour MP or stooge....then you don't need to know anything about either position to know that person B is, by definition, right?
          True.

In Browns press conference this morning he concluded by saying that he believed "voters in the by elections will make the right choices for the UK economy".

Oh, I do hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
            OH flip - read the ******* question. I read is General Danatt a ..., not George boll*ck breath so voted incorrectly.

If the head of the Army cannot speak up for his troops, who can?

BTW - arn't we on active service somewhere in the world constantly - GW1, Balkans, Siera Leone, Afganistan, Iraq, etc.

Next time I will read the question ...
            Yep. The only year since WW2 in which UK forces were not engaged in active service somewhere in the world was 1967 (I believe).

Comment

Yep. The only year since WW2 in which UK forces were not engaged in active service somewhere in the world was 1967 (I believe).
              Summer of Love - any coincidence?
              Beer
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

True.

In Browns press conference this morning he concluded by saying that he believed "voters in the by elections will make the right choices for the UK economy".

Oh, I do hope so.
                There's a good chance that labour will go from holding the seat to coming 4th or 5th. Can't wait to see some muppet from the government try to explain that one on Friday morning!
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  There's a good chance that labour will go from holding the seat to coming 4th or 5th. Can't wait to see some muppet from the government try to explain that one on Friday morning!
                  Bring out Mandelson ... "how'd you like 'dem apples, bitch?"

Comment

Bring out Mandelson ... "how'd you like 'dem apples, bitch?"
                    Apparantly Mandy went to north Norwich (by election) but the labour candidate was down with swine flu and the rest of the labour staff refused to meet anyone in case they were 'infectious'.

He ended up wandering around Norwich like a billy nomates.
                    Beer
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X