• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FFS HUCKING HELL!! Stopped For Speeding!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFS HUCKING HELL!! Stopped For Speeding!

M1, Heading North from Bham to Bradford, and got caught by a lazer gun and complete a**hole of a enforcement office (Police Car)

This guy decides to check everything - redefines proper job. So he starts with the Tax check, then the insurance....and not wanting to give up to quick goes for the driving license check - which i had no problem with, as i passed when i was 18.

Turns out that my license has been revoked. up until now - i have had not to many points (6 Due Care 2000), however it turns out that they requested the license back in 2000, and because i did not send it - they revoked it!!! - DOH!!

ok so now the guy is like - well unless your wife can drive you, i can not allow you to take the car!!! and remember this is mid afternoon on the M1 trying to get upto Bradford for a wedding - so i said ok, she is allowed to drive the car because the insurance on the A-Class allows her to drive any other car.

Now the guy is being an a**, so now he phones the insurance checks my spouses policy out - and even with them TELLING him that she is allowed to drive the car - he insists that she is not!!! so he forces me to buy a stupiddly (because i have no comparison) expensive insurance policy - just so that i can travel to Bradford!

I have just spent the morning trying to get the D1 (Application for driving license form) completed - so that when the police prosecute me, i will have the required documentation to goto court with.

not sure whats going to happen, but i suspect something like a book being flung my way!!! I think it will be:

3 points for speeding (93MPH)
    6 points for not being able to produce a valid driving license
    6 points for no insurance because of the above (driving another car, with the car belonging to me)

HUCK SAKE!!!

ps: i know i was speeding, it was my fault. i dont expect to get away with it or anything, so i was just vetting my anger!!!

Originally posted by SajStars View Post
    M1, Heading North from Bham to Bradford, and got caught by a lazer gun and complete a**hole of a enforcement office (Police Car)

This guy decides to check everything - redefines proper job. So he starts with the Tax check, then the insurance....and not wanting to give up to quick goes for the driving license check - which i had no problem with, as i passed when i was 18.

Turns out that my license has been revoked. up until now - i have had not to many points (6 Due Care 2000), however it turns out that they requested the license back in 2000, and because i did not send it - they revoked it!!! - DOH!!

ok so now the guy is like - well unless your wife can drive you, i can not allow you to take the car!!! and remember this is mid afternoon on the M1 trying to get upto Bradford for a wedding - so i said ok, she is allowed to drive the car because the insurance on the A-Class allows her to drive any other car.

Now the guy is being an a**, so now he phones the insurance checks my spouses policy out - and even with them TELLING him that she is allowed to drive the car - he insists that she is not!!! so he forces me to buy a stupiddly (because i have no comparison) expensive insurance policy - just so that i can travel to Bradford!

I have just spent the morning trying to get the D1 (Application for driving license form) completed - so that when the police prosecute me, i will have the required documentation to goto court with.

not sure whats going to happen, but i suspect something like a book being flung my way!!! I think it will be:

3 points for speeding (93MPH)
    6 points for not being able to produce a valid driving license
    6 points for no insurance because of the above (driving another car, with the car belonging to me)

HUCK SAKE!!!

ps: i know i was speeding, it was my fault. i dont expect to get away with it or anything, so i was just vetting my anger!!!
    What did you expect? Did you expect the enforcement officer to pat you on the back for forgetting that your license had been revoked 9 years ago? Sorry, but I can't offer you any sympathy. I think you should have got 12 points for speeding 23 mph over the national speed limit and banned for life.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

As you got the insurance over the phone, I assume you can take up the distance selling section and cancel your insurance without issue.

You can then go and get some cheap insurance or proof your wife is allowed to drive under her policy.
      Twitter: jonsmile

Comment

More than 20 mph over is 6 points iirc

Comment

You're lucky you didn't have an accident, they'd have sued the pants off you.

If you're honest with yourself you know it's your own fault.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

We spell it licence in this country - have a look at it if you don't believe me.

Comment

All speeders should be tazered on the spot. That'll teach 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                All speeders should be tazered on the spot. That'll teach 'em.
                Says the **** who knows how to defeat average speed cameras
                Me, me, me...

Comment

We spell it taser in this country

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Says the **** who knows how to defeat average speed cameras

Innocent until proven guilty M'lud.

Comment

Working...
                    X