• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get down the pub quick!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get down the pub quick!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8161793.stm

Before it's too late.

Govt should listen to someone like Tim Martin. Ok, so not everyone likes his Wetherspoons model but he's managed to expand and make money. He's full of criticism of government policy and how they sabotage an industry that contributes 100s of millions to the exchequer.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Presumably you want to get down there to see if you can buy the pub cheap then convert into flats : BOOMED!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Govt should listen to someone like Tim Martin. Ok, so not everyone likes his Wetherspoons model but he's managed to expand and make money. He's full of criticism of government policy and how they sabotage an industry that contributes 100s of millions to the exchequer.
        My local 'Spoon has ale for 99p/pint right now. I thought the government had put a stop to that kind of fun?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I spend as much time in the pub as possible - what a selfless act

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
            Govt should listen to someone...
            ....anyone. I really don't care who. My pet airedale would have more of a clue of how to run a country than this lot.

But then so long as the house of commons bar is functioning I doubt that they will worry too much.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'm off to the pub in 45 minutes.

Comment

off for a few in WitherChutneySpoons

mmm

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  off for a few in WitherChutneySpoons

mmm

Wither the chutney? I'm deepely offened. I demand a pint in compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I'm off to the pub in 45 minutes.
                    Hurry, it might have gone by then
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X