• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Names

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Names

I might have to form a company for a one off venture that will be closed down after. It doesn’t matter what the name is so I was thinking of having a bit of a wind-up.

I’m thinking of something like:

Gordon is a BattyBwoy
    EvilSnotGoblin
    Mandy Queen of Darkness
    Taxman is a robbing bastard

Did anyone register themselves with a silly company name or where you serious.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

I think companies house doesn't allow this

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      I might have to form a company for a one off venture that will be closed down after. It doesn’t matter what the name is so I was thinking of having a bit of a wind-up.

Gordon is a BattyBwoy
      EvilSnotGoblin
      Mandy Queen of Darkness

If I wanted to Hector to take an interest in me I might
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Chutney Spoon

Comment

I don't think these would be accepted:
          Mandy Queen of Darkness
          There is a leaflet on the Companies House web site giving the rules about company names.

You probably could have Hairy Posteriored Bloke Ltd.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Gordon is a BattyBwoy
            EvilSnotGoblin
            Mandy Queen of the Desert

STOP PRESS: Lord Mandelson to visit AFG. Local roulement battalion polishing their weapons for display.

Comment

Chutney Spoon Ltd?
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                Chutney Spoon Ltd?
                It would have to be:

Licking the Chutney Spoon Ltd
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

If they do not allow it change it to French or Latin, they won't know.

My co name is french and only 1 person in about 500 has worked out what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    If they do not allow it change it to French or Latin, they won't know.

My co name is french and only 1 person in about 500 has worked out what it means.
                    Soup?
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X